
Also interesting to me, the myth of Lilith. The alleged (since ancient times, especially in old Jewish traditions and lore) first wife of Adam from the Bible. When God made Adam from dust, he made Lilith from it also and so they were equally made. Because they were equally made, she refused to obey Adam and be subservient. When God warned her to conform, she left the garden of Eden. Seeing that Adam was distraught at losing his life, God then said the famous, "it is not good for man to be alone." (Genesis 2:18) Then he created Eve, this time from Adam's rib, so she would be less than him and more obedient. However, as a consequence for leaving, Lilith was cursed by God and became a demon.
I bring this up because I want you to somewhat understand the melancholy quote I'm posting. It's my new favorite because of the sadness engrained in it, for all parties; Adam, Eve and Lilith.
"But though Adam's lips said Eve, his soul always echoed Lilith."
Ponder on it...
No comments:
Post a Comment